Instagram

Monday 2 December 2013

Have you had troubles with publishing?

So just thought I'd ask if anyone else would like to talk about any problems with publishing. Whether it's the mainstream publishers or self publishings.

I'll get the ball rolling by writing about my experiences.

The first self publishers I joined was the Amazon one. To say I regret it would be an understatement. You see, like many self publishing authors out there I didn't have a clue what I was doing and I signed up with Amazon first. I soon realised my folly when I saw the Smashwords website. I have not seen any money from Amazon because of the fact that their sites are separate when it comes to selling ebooks. So if you make $8 in one and $5 in another you don't get paid. Which is really stupid when you think about it.

Smashwords on the other hand sells your books on multiple sites and not only pays you when you reach the $10 limit, it also keeps an account of how much you've earned up to that point on your dashboard, for you to see. I have earned some money from this site already and have more on the way, I am happy that I joined.

I have just sneaked over to Amazon KDP and have seen others making the same complaints there about not receiving their royalty's.

You can draw your own conclusions about which site you should go to.

Please share your own stories or thoughts with me.

R. Alan Ferguson

No comments: